[Opendnssec-user] * completed in 0 seconds.
Bas van den Dikkenberg
2016-11-21 09:55:08 UTC
Hi

When i run a command like ods-enforcer key export --zone kadernet.nl --keystate active
And I run a grep command over it, I still get key export completed in 0 seconds..
I think this out put no direct to right out put.

Even when I do a :
***@scripting:/usr/local/hobbynet/opendnssec# ods-enforcer key export --zone kadernet.nl --keystate active >/dev/null
key export completed in 0 seconds.
***@scripting:/usr/local/hobbynet/opendnssec#

I get the messages so I think it directect to the error output

With kind regards,

Bas van den Dikkenberg
Yuri Schaeffer
2016-11-21 10:34:41 UTC
Hi Bas,

On 21-11-16 10:55, Bas van den Dikkenberg wrote:
> I get the messages so I think it directect to the error output

Indeed these 'meta' messages go to stderr. This is on purpose. You can
just redirect them to wherever you want, just like stdout.

Regards,
Yuri
Bas van den Dikkenberg
2016-11-21 11:16:03 UTC
I don't think thats a good idea!

This way if use command's in cronjobs etc etc you can't fetch the error's
I would sugest you make option with parameter if you wan't the messages at all

Yuri
Yuri Schaeffer
2016-11-21 12:11:27 UTC
> This way if use command's in cronjobs etc etc you can't fetch the error's
> I would sugest you make option with parameter if you wan't the messages at all

Well to be honest I don't see a point in having these messages at all.
They are present for historic reasons, maybe it is time to drop them
completely. I'll propose it in the team.

//Yuri
Bas van den Dikkenberg
2016-11-21 12:26:03 UTC
+1