[Opendnssec-user] ods-signer commands
Rick van Rein
2017-07-06 07:52:11 UTC

The commands sent through ods-signer are not documented, right? So, did
I guess this correctly?

ods-signer update <zone>

notifies the ods-signerd of a (possibly) updated .signconf file, and
request it to implement the ramifications of the new zone configuration

ods-signer clear <zone>

notifies the ods-signerd that a zone should be removed from the queue,
presumably because it has been taken out of the zonelist.xml which the
ods-signerd does not monitor

ods-signer sign <zone>

requests that ods-signerd signs the zone right now, and bumps the SOA
serial in the process

I would imagine that the ods-enforcerd uses these commands because it
seems to need to make such notifications.

Thanks,
-Rick
Yuri Schaeffer
2017-07-06 16:00:43 UTC
Hi Rick,

Yes, no, yes, almost.
Post by Rick van Rein
The commands sent through ods-signer are not documented, right? So, did
I guess this correctly?
Sparsely indeed:
https://wiki.opendnssec.org/display/DOCS/Command+Utilities#CommandUtilities-ods-signer
Post by Rick van Rein
ods-signer update <zone>
notifies the ods-signerd of a (possibly) updated .signconf file, and
request it to implement the ramifications of the new zone configuration
yes
Post by Rick van Rein
ods-signer clear <zone>
notifies the ods-signerd that a zone should be removed from the queue,
presumably because it has been taken out of the zonelist.xml which the
ods-signerd does not monitor
No. It will actually clear all files related to the zone. So Next time
it will be signed it will be a complete resign and no previous
signatures will be used.
Post by Rick van Rein
I would imagine that the ods-enforcerd uses these commands because it
seems to need to make such notifications.
I haven't checked the code but I think the signer basically only calls
update <zone>

//Yuri