[Opendnssec-user] Unixtime
Luciano Minuchin
2017-02-13 18:37:20 UTC
Hi, this is my first query, person if it is repeated. I would like to
consult if any of you could change friendly <Serial> unixtime </ Serial> by
some command that increases the area on the value of the area already
published so we can save this modification in the zone without signature.

Saludos.
Luciano.
Yuri Schaeffer
2017-02-14 18:45:30 UTC
Hola Luciano,

I'm afraid I'm having difficulty parsing your question. I'll make an
educated guess what your question is.
Post by Luciano Minuchin
Hi, this is my first query, person if it is repeated. I would like to
consult if any of you could change friendly <Serial> unixtime </ Serial>
by some command that increases the area on the value of the area already
published so we can save this modification in the zone without signature.
I think your question is:
¿Can I increase the SOA serial /without/ resigning the zone?

I do not think OpenDNSSEC can do what you want. However:

ods-signer sign <zone> [--serial <nr>]
Read zone and schedule for immediate (re-)sign. If a serial is given,
that serial is used in the output zone.

...will do most of it. Only RR sets with expiring signatures will be
resigned. For a large zone this still can take some time.

Please do not feel discouraged to rephrase your question and ask again
in case I didn't understand you correctly.

Regards,
Yuri